Sunday, November 22, 2009


I'm gonna start with a picture from the middle of last week. Since it was a little chilly out, Mom bundled me up in this cute get up for transport to and fro swim lessons. I know Mom has just been itchin' for an excuse to dress me up in this and I guess swim lessons are as good a reason as any.

On Friday, Mom & Dad both had the day off so I figured I was in for some fun. For lunch, we met Grandma Davenport for Lunch at Granite City. I was totally expecting to see Aunt Darty there as well but I guess she had a better offer. Where's the fable?

After lunch, I had a short break before Dad and I headed to my appt with Doctor Shanker. I've had the sniffles for like five weeks now so we thought it was a good time for another check up... and I had a BLAST! Last week, Mom let me play with a tissue and I had quite a bit of fun tearing it to shreds. Then we get to the doctor's office and the table is covered with a bunch of tissue paper and I went to TOWN on that stuff. If Dad hadn't torn it from the roll, I'd have pulled it all out and it would have been glorious! Dad thought it was pretty entertaining so he took a quick little video with the "still" camera.

Dr. Shanker checked me out and everything looked okay so he ordered some blood work. I could tell that Dad feared the worst so I knew I had to be a big girl, at least for the immediate future. Dad sat me down on his lap and the nurse pricked me finger and kept squeezing and squeezing until she had all the blood she needed. Even the nurse was impressed with how well I took it. I considered throwing Dad under the bus and telling the nurse that I'm used to Dad butchering my fingers so this was nothing. I did get a Barbie band-aid as a consolation prize and despite my best efforts, I couldn't get it off in my mouth. Boo! While we waited for the results of the blood test, Dad let me play with the table tissue some more. Sweet.
When Dr. Shanker came back in, he informed us that all of the blood tests looked normal so he prescribed some more tests but this time we had to go to Children's Mercy hospital. Hmmm, that's kind of ominous. But it was just for a chest X-Ray and some nasal swabs (both of which I hated) but it wasn't scary or anything. We're supposed to get the test results back soon so I'll keep you all posted. It's probably just a lot of effort to confirm that I have a stubborn cold!

This morning I had lunch with Dad, GmaD, AD and Uncle Dave at First Watch (Mom had another show to work.) I totally love being able to sit in a high chair at the table. It makes me feel more like a part of the group that way.
After lunch, Dad and I head to Babies R Us for some torture. It was totally worth it though. I got several new toys (Dad is such a sucker!) After an afternoon nap, I've spent the majority of the evening playing with Mom and my new toys. Good end to this weekend!

Remember, you can't take it with you, but you can lick it so no one else takes it when you're gone.

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.