Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blow It Up

Kansas State played at home against Nebraska (ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little) on the seventh and it was being aired on ESPN which meant a nice national audience. Dad and I did a little pre-game relaxing outside so we'd be in the right mind set when the game started.

Grandma and Grandpa Herbert showed up just before the pre-game show started and they brought me a 'my size' pumpkin. Cute huh? Pumpkin is NOT a word I can say so I go ahead and call 'em apples. What are we splittin' hairs here?

KSU got the ball first and drove right down to Nebraska's 25 yard line where the drive stalled. Instead of kicking the field goal, we went for it... and came up short. NU scored on the ensuing drive and the quarter ended with us down seven. We got a field goal on our third possession making it 3-7. Then NU got a touch down... then a field goal and the half ended with KSU down 3-17. Okay, not terrible, they could come back.
I enjoyed half time with my favorite book, Dogs. M&D always try to make me read it page by page but I always try to skip to page 9 - Nine dogs on a moonlit night. I like it so much because M&D always read it like they're one of the nine dogs. AAA-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It's pretty entertaining.

NU scored 14 straight points to begin the second half - not good - but then we bounced back with another field goal - GO STATE! To celebrate, Dad and I did a fist bump - my newest trick. 31-6 with about 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter... then NU threw an 80 yard touchdown pass; 38-6 at the end of the 3rd.

NU scored again, 45-6 but then KSU got a touchdown - FIST BUMP! 45-13. NU got another field goal before the game ended 48-13. A five touchdown loss. Yikes, can you imagine anything worse?

While KSU was getting it handed to 'em, I was multi-tasking. My bus is feeling a little under the weather so I was trying to figure out where the batteries go. Click the play button above to get a feel for how awful it is. I mean, I still play with it, I just think it annoys M&D a little more now.

Despite the schalacking shalacking chalacking (looked it up) shellacking I was still in a pretty good mood... until Dad noticed that my forehead scab had peeled half off. I noticed it too, in fact I could look up and see the detached half. Dad decided to take it upon himself, albeit with Mom's blessing, to finish the job.
Unfortunately for my face, not all of the scab was ready to come off. My ol' man needs to realize that despite the initials MD, he's no doctor!


Remember, you can't take it with you, but you can lick it so no one else can take it when you're gone.

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.