Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tears for Fears Shots

You know, sometimes my old man does an AWFUL job of dressing me in the morning but yet sometimes he manages to hit home runs like he did on October 1st. Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Outfits like the one I linked to above are exactly why I'm willing my hair not to grow. If he can't pick out a decent outfit, how can I trust him to do my hair? YIKES!

The 1st started out like so many other Fridays do. I got totally dolled up in this cute dress from Amanda & Andy (probably more Amanda than Andy but I can't be certain) and topped it off with matching shoes. I mean seriously, the shoes match the buttons -- how cute is that??? Then I show up at Grandma Herbert's and SHE matches my outfit too! Double cute!
Anyway, I played so hard with GmaH and Aunt Abby that I blew right through my nap window and by the time I finally got tired, it was too late to get any decent sleep and Mom showed up to get me. But... she was 90 minutes earlier than normal... uh-oh...

Yep, I had my 18 month check up with Dr. Shanker. Now, I wasn't thrilled to have to leave GmaH's but when we got to the doctor's office I tried to make the best of it by playing with some toys in the waiting room. Then we got called back and I was NOT happy. I pretty much just cried (and screamed) through the whole ordeal (especially during shots - ouch!) I think the only reprieve anyone in the office got was when DS gave me this book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?. And as you can tell, I still wasn't too happy.
I weighed in at 23Lbs, 3oz which puts me at about the 35th Percentile. And the nurse measured by length at 29.75 inches which puts me below the 10th Percentile. They're still trying to measure my height by laying me on a table and marking my heel and head and measuring the distance between. I call shinanigans shenanigans. Maybe I'll have Dad measure my height with me standing like a proper individual and we'll see where I come in.

After my lovely doctor visit we went home and relaxed for a little while until dinner. Dinner was at the Herford House and as an added bonus, Great Uncle Dale was in town and joined us. I wanted the Kid's Meal Filet but Dad thought a hot dog was a probably a wiser decision. And it was awesome.
Since there were eight of us (Me, M&D, GUD, Uncle Dave, Aunt Darcy, Grandma & Grandpa Davenport) they put us in our own little room which was awesome. When I was done eating, M&D closed the door to our room and I got to get out of my chair and roam around and play with everyone.
Hey, I'll bet my finger would fit in there...
GmaD let me slide down her lap once, then twice then 57 more times - FUN!
GpaD made a donation to my parental emancipation college fund!
And I showed GUD all of my latest tricks.
Dinner was a blast and totally delicious (Thanks GUD!) but after one last hug for GpaD, I was ready for a great night's sleep.

Remember, you can't take it with you, but you can lick it so no one else can take it when you're gone.

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.