Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back to the Future

On Saturday 10/23, Mom and I woke up early, actually not early, just earlier than Dad but that's pretty standard. We did a lot of playing while Dad snoozed but eventually I decided to go wake him up. I mean, it was 10:30 and the day was a wastin'.
Mom and I had eaten when we got up but when Dad started making himself some eggs, I let him know that I'd be interested in some brunch myself. Now get this ridiculousness: when Dad makes eggs for just me, they're pretty plain. When Dad plans on eating them too, they magically get some salt and pepper, maybe some milk and definitely plenty of cheese. Now, I like eggs, but I really like eggs when you add some actual flavor in there.

Mom went to holiday mart with Aunt Abby and even though I got to go last year, Mom put the kibosh on it this year - probably because of last year. If I recall, it's a little crazy there and I imagine navigating a stroller is not ideal. After my nap, Dad made me some deli roll-ups which were pretty good - after I managed to unroll them and eat everything individually.

Kansas State was playing at Baylor so I was pretty excited to watch the game. Then Dad broke out this radio which was totally bizarre. Not the radio itself (though it kind of is too) but the fact that we had to LISTEN to the game instead of watch it. What is it the 80s or something? I feel like I should have been laying in front of THIS radio rather than the 'xplod'.
Now, I'm not saying that every KSU game should be televised but Fox Sports did air a Big 12 North v Big 12 South game that day and I can only imagine the HUGE ratings that FSM got with Texas A&M crushing KU 45-10. Hey, KU did hold its opponent under 50 for the first time in 3 weeks. I guess that's something...

Shortly after Mom got home, the three of us headed over to Jo-Ann's Fabrics so M&D could get some materials for their Halloween costumes. When you want fabric cut at JA's, you take a number like at a butcher shop (whatever that is.) Our number was 62 which became pretty disheartening when I heard them call number 24. Buckle in. We made our way through the entire store and still had time to wait. Fortunately Mom found this apple pin cushion which I enjoyed very much. At one point Dad and I actually had a game of catch with it. Since it spent a fair amount of time on the floor, I think Mom felt a bit obligated to buy it. I was on board but couldn't we get a clean one first....?

On Sunday morning we met Grandma & Grandpa Davenport for breakfast at First Watch Shoppes at Corporate Woods. My first order of business was to get GmaD to do some trumpeting with the silverware band - LOVE IT!
After we ate breakfast and GmaD broke me out of my chair, I decided to help her play trumpet. Poor GmaD, she's such a glutton for punishment. She must really love me.
The Chiefs were playing at home against the Jags and while we didn't go to the game, we showed our support... as a family.
There weren't any other pictures from Sunday so apparently we didn't do anything the rest of the day. And I know us so that's sounds pretty accurate.

Monday after Mrs. Anne's I did some playing outside. One of my favorite past times from this summer is pushing my yellow kid chair around the patio. I do tend to get a little frustrated when it gets caught on one of the joint lines but now a days I just pick the chair up and move along.
Dad had cards Monday night so Mom, Emma Darcy and I enjoyed a relaxing girls night. Having a kid is a lot of work and frankly there's a lot of pressure. I do what I can to make sure ED is raised right and to make sure she doesn't develop any bad habits that will be tough to break her of in the future. But for whatever reason Mom, ED's Grandma, lets her get away with whatever she wants. I guess grandmas are pretty universal, eh?

I got a special treat at MA's on Tuesday. The kids at Logan's preschool dressed up for Halloween so all of the preschooler's families got to go visit. Since I'm one of Logan's defacto sisters four days a week, I got to tag along. I would have enjoyed visiting the school WITHOUT the costumes because other kids just fascinate me but WITH the costumes was even more fascinating. Halloween - SO FUN!
On Tuesday I came home to find my sisters had gotten a bath and hair cut. They looked so cute with their Halloween bandannas on that Dad decided to snap some pictures of his girls. Boy, he sure is lucky.

Tuesday was a bit cooler so Dad slapped some leggings on under my dress. This dress actually has some snowmen on it which fit pretty nicely considering the fall feeling in the air. Normally I'd like to spend a lot of time outside as I enjoy my after school drink but that day was windy and cool so I was content to just squat in the middle of the kitchen.
There was another milestone on Tuesday - it was the first time I got to play with the bath toys M&D got me TWO MONTHS AGO. My parents are the worst.

Remember, you can't take it with you, but you can lick it so no one else can take it when you're gone.

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.